Pages

Thursday 12 January 2017

Pansies on Sunday

 
The challenge over at CAS on Sunday is to make a card with
black/white and one other colour. I chose purple (of course)
 
 
I'm afraid the photo doesn't do justice to this lovely stamp.
 
As the heading says CAS - this really was.
White card stock for all layers.
I heat embossed the pansie which was given by a dear friend
(Thanks Cheri) in black
and coloured three of the flowers with
Tim Holtz Wilted Violet
Added a touch of shimmery paints and
sponged lightly on the background.
The card base looked so stark in white so
I inked/spritzed a sheet of acetate with the wilted violet
and randomly added the colour.
Both stitched frames were popped.
Added pearls to finish. I would loved to have added
yellow ones but not for this challenge.
 
 
A close up showing the shimmer.
 
Thanks for dropping in
 


5 comments:

Bobby said...

These are lovely pansies, Ina. I have a pansy stamp that has long been neglected. You've inspired me to get it out and make a card.

Judy Woodland said...

Pansies on Sunday - what a lovely title. Although I love pansies any day of the week, especially if they are purple. I love this little sweet card - the greeting is wonderful. And I really like how you have layered the stitched panels over that pretty background!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautifully done and I love the colors and how you spotlighted just a few of the pansies.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Pansies are some of my favorite flowers - such a pretty card, Ina!

Kathy Krug said...

I spent a little time on your blog today. I have missed quite a few of your posts(new blogger has upset my world) and you have been creating some fabulous backgrounds. I love pansies, but then I love all flowers. This card is so pretty and elegant.