Pages

Saturday 20 May 2017

It's Colour Week at Just Us Girls



This card was made with a heavy heart as a very dear
and old friend passed away recently.
She was a second Mother to my hubby as she spent
every week end watching her son and my hubby play soccer.
She was also a big part in our lives when we all lived in Darwin.
There are so many beautiful memories of our time together.
She was also the one that warned us
of the force that Cyclone Tracy was about to leash on us.
***
I started with Metallic Linen card stock.
With the same paper I then inked up my background images
which are from SU Bloom With Hope. These were coloured
with metallic paints. The focal flower was heat embossed
in navy, fussy cut and popped.
Behind that I added a few sprigs from a MS punch.
For the TH Splatters I used Mowed Lawn Stormy Sky
and Peacock Feathers. I'm afraid the Lime Green
is a little hard to see.
I cut out a tiny circle and added a punched heart
to which I added WOS. I thought this perfect
to put under the sentiment which is also from
that same stamp set.
Finished off with some pearls (of course) and
some cotton and bow.



Hope you pop over  and see what our May Guest
Kathie Durgan and my Team Mates have made.
Join us and you could be our Chic of the Week
and be in the running for Guest in July.

Thanks for dropping in today.

9 comments:

Cheri said...

What a lovely, lovely card, SS and my deepest condolences to you and hubby in the loss of this dear friend. I hope all those wonderful memories confort you now.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun card - I like the twine too

Verna Angerhofer said...

So sorry for your loss but the card you made in honor of that special friend is gorgeous! I am sure it will be a real comfort to her family.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Ina, I am so sorry for your loss! It is always difficult to create sympathy cards and even more so when it is someone you are close to. Your have done an amazing job on this and I am sure it will be a comfort to her loved ones. Those flowers are stunning!

Mac Mable said...

So very sorry for your loss ....hold on to those wonderful memories X. Perfect card, pretty colours, very personal and so appropriate.

Lisa Kind said...

Lovely card for such a solemn occasion. So sorry for your loss.

Judy Woodland said...

Wow, such a pretty card. And I love that little heart popping through....so creative. Love what you have done with this color challenge!!!

Bobby said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Ina. That is such a wonderful sentiment to go with your beautiful flowers.

Nancy said...

So sorry for your loss and I am sure this card was comfort to the family! It's gorgeous Ina! Cyber Hugs!