Pages

Tuesday 10 January 2017

It's about being a bit 'ARTY'

 
The current 'Theme & Sketch Challenge' at
 
Details are Here
 

You can go with just the 'Theme' which is Mixed Media
or the 'Sketch'. I went with both.
 
I love getting my hands a bit inky with Mixed Media
and am just a beginner at it so when this challenge
called for just that I knew what I was going to play with.
I started with ARTplorations Nestled Circles Stencil
using Silver Metallic Paint & Gel Medium.
After that was dry I got all inky with
watered down Jo Sonja Deep Yellow on a paintbrush
and began to 'splatter'.
Again I waited till that dried.
The floral image I used is
STAMPlorations Bloom Happy
It had been heat embossed with Zing Charcoal.
and cut  with the CUTplorations Matching Die
It was coloured with a variety of inks & paints
adding dots from a white uniball pen and popped.
   
Here is a closer view of the depth of the 
silver metallic acrylic paint.
Added a few grey splatters to the background.
 
The sentiment is from the same stamp set.
I thought it a perfect match for the sunny flower
which was heat embossed with Zing Metallic Finish
to blend with the stencilled background. 
 
 
I used an EK Success corner rounder punch
and added a metallic silver piece of paper
to the side then popped that to finish. 
 
I am so loving all my new goodies from STAMPlorations
and being part of the Talented Team for the next 3 months.
 
Hope you will go over and join in the fun like I did.
 There are so many different prizes to be won
and if you aren't in it - you can't win them.
 
I am going to pop this card over at Dare2bartzy
'cause I got lots of new 'stuff'
 
 
I've got 'Layers'
 
 
and I used a Die
Hope I can join both challenges with this card.
 
Thanks for coming to visit.
Hope you will come back again soon.
 


11 comments:

Bobby said...

I love mixed media but it's something I struggle with, Ina. It looks like you have a good handle on it because this card is outstanding.

Judy Woodland said...

This challenge is right up your alley. You are a master at "artsy" backgrounds....I adore everything you do. Your colors are so interesting, and I love, love, love your take on the challenge. Well done!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great take on the sketch design. I really like the colors you used too!

*Vicki* said...

This is absolutely stunning Ina!! You have really inspired me to play with this set and it's perfect for that sketch! :) So beautiful! HUGS

maria f. said...

Cool layers, Ina.

Melissa L. said...

This is very cool, Ina. I love that image from Bloom Happy and the bright yellow splats. Love that fancy corner too. Thanks for playing along at HLS MM Challenge.

Chris Dring said...

Holy Wow, Ina! Your card is AMAZING!!! LOVE that silvery background with the yellow splatters, and the stamp image is just perfectly colored! Wow!

The Sparkly Fairy said...

Such a great piece of mixed media work! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at HLS Anything Goes with a Die Challenge.

Emma - DT member

LauraJane:) said...

So pretty Ina! the YELLOW splotches really make this pop! Thanks for playing with us at STAMPlorations!

Susan Renshaw said...

Love your take on the sketch!
Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
Susan
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Helen Gullett said...

Great card, Ina. Love that stamp die cut, too. Thanks for playing along with HLS Jan Anything Goes With Dies