Pages

Saturday 11 June 2016

Did you SPOT what's Trending at Just Us Girls?

 
It's Trend Week at Just Us Girls
and our Hostess is Nancy who chose
SPOTLIGHTING!
 

I made the background for this some time ago and
this piece was left over. It is the shaving cream technique
and I have done something a little different
by using Liquid Pearls - Daffodil & Avocado giving it a
nice sheen (which hasn't shown up) and SU Yo Yo Yellow reinker.
The gorgeous stamp is from Repeat Impressions
stamped with Memento Pistachio and the
popped up spotlight is cut from Spellbinders Hexagons.
I coloured the daffodil with watercolour pencils and
heat embossed it with clear embossing powder
giving it a glossy finish.
Added some black matting pearls and
cotton to finish.

If you haven't already been to Our Blog
better pop over and see what our June Guest Cornelia
has Spotlighted and my Team Mates - you know
you will love what they have made.
Love to see you join us and you would be in the running for
Chic of the Week and go on to be our Guest in August.

I will be in Craft heaven when this goes live. There is a
big Papercraft Convention in Brisbane (catching the train at 6am)
I go to yearly and meet upwith some online crafty friends.
I met a couple a few years ago
and last year a few more.
One came from Perth in Western Australia
and another from Melbourne Victoria.
This year we are making a week end of it and
we are all super excited.
To make it even more special I have
Cheryl Wright coming back to spend a few days
at my house before she returns to home.
She is a well known Author who is super talented
in the craft side as well.

Thanks for dropping in.



11 comments:

Nancy said...

First love your card! That yellow background looks amazing! Second, I bet you are having a ball! How exciting!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the shaving cream background - I ALWAYS end up with mud when I try that effect ;( -- pretty card

Sharyn Polesel said...

Pretty in yellow! Love your gorgeous daffodil and that pretty background. Beautiful card!

Chris Dring said...

Lovely background and beautiful spotlighting that daffodil image! Have fun at the craft show!

Verna Angerhofer said...

That's a beautiful spotlight card. Love the yellow.

Barbara said...

Oh my goodness. This techniques is amazing and you did a great job on yours. I am inspired

Kathy Krug said...

I have never tried that technique but it sure is beautiful on your card and perfect for the pretty stamp and technique.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Beautiful! I love the shape you used to spotlight that gorgeous daffodil and that background is absolutely stunning!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So pretty - love how the color repeats in the background! So glad to be GDT with you this month!

Judy Woodland said...

This is just beautiful. LOVE the background. I thought it was the shaving cream thingy going on, but it's genius to use the Liquid Pearls. I must try that. Your coloring is gorgeous, great use of that stamp for this technique.

Bobby said...

That background is terrific, Ina, and stamping the flower in Pistachio is a great way to make your card unique. I'm going to try another color the next time I try this technique.