Pages

Sunday 17 April 2016

A Simple Happy Birthday!

 
Following on from last week I am again joining in on the
current challenge over at CAS Colours & Sketches
for their Sketch Challenge.
 
 
I had to think a bit before I decided on how I would
make my card and after a few failed attempts I
decided to go with one of my first
SU Stamp Sets - Vintage Vogue.
 It has been retired for some time
but I still LOVE  it.
I stamped the flowers with SU Melon Mambo
and fussy cut them.
My base is white card stock and I then popped
another piece on top stamping it randomly with
the flourish from SU Sweet Summer using
Memento Angel Pink.
I then added 2 pieces of pink mulberry paper
as backing for my flowers.
My Happy Birthday is Spellbinders Sentiments 3
Finished off by adding some Kaisercraft pearls
to the flowers and a few gemstones.
I was really pleased how my card turned out
and think the mulberry paper was just right.
Another cas card to add to  my collection.
***
Thanks Louise for a super simple sketch.
 
 
I am also entering this card over at
 
 
The requirements are only that it is
A Birthday Theme.
The Topping is optional and this time it is
Floral!
***
Thanks so much for dropping in
and I love it when you leave a comment.
Till next time - Have fun Crafting...
 
 
 
 
 


7 comments:

karen h said...

Pretty card! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

julie_woolston said...

Such a pretty card Ina love the beautiful colours.
Hugs Julie xxx

Sharyn Polesel said...

Very pretty! I am loving all of the pink and those flowers are so pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

Barbara said...

Well Hello Ina! Isn't it rewarding to be able to pull out an older stamp and use it to make a great card like yours. You can never go wrong with pink flowers. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday Challenge.

Jodene said...

So pretty in pink, I love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday :)

Patricia Hays said...

I like how you layered the blossoms for the large flower. The pearl centers are so pretty! The mulberry paper adds some nice, subtle texture. Thanks so much for joining in our sketch challenge at CC&S!

Louise van Vuren said...

This is so pretty. I love Vintage Vogue too, but haven't used it in a while. It looks fresh and new here in the gorgeous pinks. Thanks for using the sketch and joining in with the fun at CC&S
Louise xx