Pages

Saturday 21 November 2015

It's beginning to look a 'Lot like CHRISTMAS'

It's beginning to look a lot like CHRISTMAS isn't it
and how timely is our Hostess Sharyn's colour choices?
RED GREEN GOLD
 
 
I recently bought the Elizabeth Crafts
Quietfire Merry Christmas die
and found a beautiful card by Selma Stevenson
HERE which I cased.
My card stock is a shimmery gold card stock. I have used this
also to cut out my Merry Christmas die and leaves.
Matted with red and another shimmery paper in green.
 
I used the following dies -
Spellbinders - Big Scallop Rectangles
Merry Christmas die as above
Poinsettia flowers and leaves are by Marianne Designs
and I inked the edges in gold/red.
MS leaf and fern punches
Cuttlebug Christmas embossing folders
The centre flower has tiny beads to finish.
 


Hope you will pop over to  OUR BLOG
and check out all the amazing cards by our
November Guest Louise
and the Talented Design Team.
I'm sure these traditional colours will
inspire you to create a few more Christmas Cards
or you may want to go in a different direction.
Hope to see you there.

REMINDER -  For October & November Only:
If you are picked as Chic of the Week for any of our October and November challenges,
you'll be in the running to be chosen as one of two
Guest Designers for the month of January 2016!
The Team will be taking a 2 week break in December,
so we will not have a Guest Designer for December.



11 comments:

Mary said...

Very pretty design Ina! Here's hoping you have a wonderful Christmas Season.

Vicki Dutcher said...

So pretty with that corner poinsettia!

Lisa Kind said...

I bet the shimmer on this card is amazing! This is such a pretty card, Ina, and I love the die!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Ina, this is so gorgeous! I love the color choices of it and every little detail makes for a wonderful Christmas card. I love it!

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful. I love that bold sentiment and the leaves behind the poinsettia.

Judy Woodland said...

Such a pretty card, my dear. Great take on the challenge, love your use of these colors. And that pretty poinsettia is perfect here. And that shimmery paper is just gorgeous!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Ina, this is stunning! I love all of that beautiful shimmer and that poinsettia/leafy cluster is gorgeous!

Louise said...

Gorgeous card, beautiful layout

Sharyn Polesel said...

This card is so regal looking....very lovely!

Nancy said...

Stunning Ina! Your poinsettia and leaves are just fabulous! Really a beautiful job!!!

Chris Dring said...

Love the traditional look to your beautiful card!