Pages

Saturday 31 January 2015

Going 'WILD' at Just us Girls

It's our WILD CARD WEEK at Just us Girls
 
NANCY as our HOST this week has a fabulous challenge for you
to make your SENTIMENT the focal point of your project.
 
 
 
When I saw this challenge I KNEW what stamp I wanted to use.
It is the Beautiful Vintage Happy Birthday 
from Inspired by Stamping.
Also from IBS the DP's - Vintage Floral
Fancy Labels 1, flowers and lace.
and also
Paper doily inked with Tim Holtz Vintage Rose
Inked edges - Antique Linen
Gold Leaf  Embossing Powder
Kaszazz Ivory Seam Binding
Flourish with a Bling Antique Gold Pearls
The card stock I used is Metallic Sculptured Paper.
   
 
Just couldn't help myself. I recently bought this stamp and knew
it would be perfect for this challenge too so made 2 cards.
 
I went for a simple look - can't say clean as the technique
I used was Shaving Cream and Reinkers.
Now you all know how messy and fun it is.
This time I used basic card stock
and my background inks I used were
Stampin' Up Rich Razzleberry & Yo Yo Yellow
I inked the Do Crafts Typography stamp in Rich Razzleberry
and filled in the S in yellow.
Also spritzed it to take away the stark white look.
The ribbon is from SU Purely Pomegranate.
Sprinkled a few sequins to add the final touch.
 ***
Hope you like what I made for our 'WILD CHALLENGE'
and you get the chance to join in this weeks challenge
because you then have the chance to become our
CHIC of the WEEK and be in the running to
share with us as our GUEST DESIGNER our
creations for MARCH.
 
Thanks for stopping by
See you there! 
 
 
 
 
 


9 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Nice using of the shaving cream - I always end up with a blob LOL -- great cards!

Chris Dring said...

Love the vintage feel to your first card - so lovely! And surprise! You made another card! What a fabulous card! Great sentiment, and love how you selectively colored the S's. Never tried the shaving cream technique before, as the only reinker I have is black! LOL!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Both your cards are beautiful! I like the colors used too!

Nancy said...

You did two cards! So cool! Love them both but the shaving card background looks amazing! Thanks Ina!

Unknown said...

Love both of these cards Ina...I can see why you made two. I love the sentiment on the first card...that is really pretty. And you know I'm a huge fan of the shaving cream technique...your colors for that one are fantastic!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Both cards are wonderful! On the first, I love the vintage feel with that great sentiment, doily and flowers. Love the shaving cream background on the second card.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love the soft, vintage look of your first card, just stunning! And your second one is super fun, you really rock those shaving cream backgrounds.

Judy Woodland said...

Man, you are rocking that shaving cream technique!!! I love doing it too - but we have already talked about that. Both your cards are amazing, just beautiful!!! And yes, I got that card holder die. Thanks for putting me on to it! Thanks also for having me as Guest Designer this month, I had so much fun!!

Mynn xx said...

Two fabulous cards! LOVE the vintage and shabby feel on the first and the great technique on the second! Thanks for joining us at Inspired By Stamping! HUGS! :) Mynn xx