Pages

Friday 28 November 2014

X is for Xmas Music at ABC Christmas Challenge & the Mod Squad




I recently found the ABC Christmas Challenge site and
loved the idea of using the alphabet to make your
Christmas cards throughout the year.
I certainly will be trying to do this for all of 2015.
***
Since we are coming to an end of the year
the challenge this time round is
X for Xmas Music.

I love adding music to cards and have done
quite a bit this year as Hubby is a Guitar Freak
and turned 70 so the invites had Music on them -
and of course his cards did too.

Back to the card above -

It was a simple card to make especially as we need
our cards to be that way when we have family and friends
who love receiving a hand made one.
I used red, kraft and brown card stock
 The music is from a sheet from hubby's book
Spellbinders Poinsettia Die - how could I not use this
as it is my favourite for Christmas. I cut a few extras to add
more depth and sprayed them with
SU Champagne Mist and
PearEX Aztec Gold for the shimmer and popped
Tim Holtz Antique Linen
Marvy Timeless Sepia Ink
Cuttlebug Embossing folder from a Magazine
Cuttlebug & MS Leaf Die embossed with
the ever popular Swiss Dots
Finished off with a few Kaisercraft pearls.

I would also like to enter this card in the
Mod Squad Challenge for their


As You Like It Challenge



Also entering this in the
and I chose Traditional for this one because for me
The red poinsettia plays a big part in
Christmas Decorations. 



but hoping to add a Modern one as well.
Thanks for stopping by
Cherrio from



10 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

This awesome. I love the colors, the poinsettia and the music. Perfect Christmas card my friend!

Maria :) said...

That card looks really wonderful

Unknown said...

This is STUNNING!!!

Kathy Krug said...

Love this design, Ina. Your beautiful poinsettia looks great on the music stamp and love the shades of brown and the pearls on the side.

Unknown said...

Um...wow! You're taking your card making to a whole new level Ina. Each card I see from you is better than the last. You are one extremely talented lady!

Sharon Fontenot said...

Love this card. The band looks like leather to give it amazing texture. There is some fancy-dancy stampin on that card as well!!!

Tricia T said...

This is gorgeous! The poinsettia is so rich and I love the colors you chose. Thanks for joining us at the Mod Squad challenge!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous I so love that Poinsettia so so pretty! great card, Thanks for joining in with our challenge at As You Like It,
hugs Samantha :0)

very_inky_fingers said...

Congratulations, Ina! This is a wonderful card!!

Helen said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x