Pages

Wednesday 10 July 2013

Dragonflies Challenge Time - An Unusual Fold.




Here we go again over at Crafting with Dragonflies

I love badge

Our latest challenge for you is to


CREATE A CARD WITH AN UNUSUAL FOLD.

Now isn't that a great idea - get away from our every day type card 
and challenge ourselves to do something a little different.

Our generous sponsors for this challenge are


with 4 digi's of the Winner's Choice 

and


Di's Digi Designs
with a $10 gift voucher

Again the Design Team were supplied with images for this challenge from Delicious Doodles and being a Scot there is nothing I like better than what everyone (including myself) calls a weed. 
They are but I still love THISTLES and it is called St Andrew's Day Thistle.

The card I made is not a hard one but is one I like and looks stylish.
Here is the link that I found as inspiration


and here is my card


A side View


and a close up


I used the following products on my card

Cream card stock
Creative Memories Reminisce Designer Paper
Spellbinder Decorative Labels 27
Spellbinders Antique Frames/Accents
Distress Inks
Glossy Accents
Glitter
Own Ribbon
Kaisercraft pearls.

Please check out our other Design Teams gorgeous creations


Hope to see what you come up with after viewing our take on the challenge.








11 comments:

Maria :) said...

What a wonderful card aunty Ina. Love the coloring of the thistle and I always was a friend of fancy folds :)great card. Can any fold card be put in the challenge or does it have to be by a specific image designer?
Big hugs and lots of love

judith@poppy cottage said...

A great card Ina, the corners match your thistle image so well. Love your colour choices, and the purple pearls look lovely. Judith xx

kel Acopan said...

love it ina! those colors are just beautiful.

happyglitzygirl said...

Gorgeous card Ina, all the elements and colours fit perfectly, blessings Hilde

~ Barb said...

I sure like the look Glossy Accents gives your thistle. Your dies work so well with your image, love all the scroll work.
{Hugs} Barb

Unknown said...

Wonderful shape ,love the image looks great hugs txx

alex said...

Ina this is stunning, love your beautiful colours and clever design

Hugs Alex x

Unknown said...


Absolutely stunning Ina! Your favorite color!

Desire Fourie said...

Just gorgeous Ina. Love the window frame effect and the beautifully coloured thistle.
{I would love you to take part in my 600 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck.} Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

downrightcrafty said...

this is absolutely gorgeous and thank you for your lovely comment on my blog
Hugs Kate xx

Cheri said...

Somehow I missed this! WOW!!! What a gorgeous card and I LOVE the fold and it's so perfect for the thistle! Stunning, card, SS!